Virginia SGS Eligibility Criteria
- Be open to the public, on a continuous basis, either year-round or during the normal operating season for the type of facility. Closings for
the observance of official state holidays are allowed.
- Comply with all applicable laws concerning the provision of public accommodations without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex,
national origin, or accessibility by the physically handicapped.
- Agree to abide by all rules, regulation, policies, procedures and criteria associated with the program.
- Agree that in any cases of dispute or other disagreement with the rules, regulations, policies, procedures and criteria or applications of the program, the decision of the State Traffic Engineer shall be final and binding.
- Historic Building (1,2)
- Historic Site (1,2)
- Historic District (1,2)
- Correction Facilities
- Department of Game and Inland Fisheries Facilities
- Department of Motor Vehicles Facilities
- Government Offices
- Landfill/Transfer Stations
- Local Police/Sheriff Offices (1)
- Regional Jails
- Recycling Facilities
- State Police Facilities (1)
- Arlington National Cemetery (1)
- Virginia Veterans Cemetery (1)
- Special Events (1)
- Tourist Information Center (1)
- Welcome Centers (1)
- Boat Landings (Public)
- Natural Attractions (1)
- Park - National (1)
- Park - Municipal (1)
- Park - Regional (1)
- Park - State (1)
- Colleges and Universities (1)
- High Schools
- Junior High Schools
- Middle Schools
- Elementary Schools
- Virginia Educational Institutions (1)
- Permitted on Interstate and limited Access highways
- If Supplemental Guide Signs are installed for a historic district, separate signs for individual historic sites within the historic district shall not be allowed.
Contact us for additional criteria for each type of facility.